Wondering what to do with leftover peach juice or peach syrup?
I am not sure about you, but whenever I use a can of peaches for a peach recipe, such as a peach pie using canned peaches, or a peach cake, I feel badly about the leftover juice which is not needed for the recipe.
I hate to waste any food.
If my husband is home, he loves to drink the juice, so then I feel great not having to waste it.
Sometimes I add it to the juice container in the fridge.
What do you do with leftover peach juice?
I did not have much advice for Ida, but I did ask her to let me know what she decided to do with the peach juice.
I decided I would research what to do with left over peach juice. Scroll down to see ideas of what you can do with the leftover fruit juice/syrup.
If you are not interested in making Peach Jelly, check out the ideas below, and I am sure you will find a satisfactory way to use up that fruit juice!
- Add leftover juice to a container or fruit juice in the refrigerator.
- Drink it. My husband loves the taste of leftover peach juice, and if he is home, I never worry about the possibility of having to waste it:)
- Freeze the leftover juice in ice cubes trays to add to a drink later, or to a tea as a sweetener.
- What to do with leftover peach juice? Use it in a gelatin recipe (Example: "Jello") instead of the cold water.
- Heat the juice, add a little cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 of water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning, until thickened. Use as a sauce for pancakes, waffles, or ice cream. For adults, you can also add a little liqueur, for example amaretto, or peach schnapps to make it special.
- Add leftover peach juice to a smoothie recipe. Any smoothie recipe can have extra juice added to it!
- Use the left overjuice in the place of the water when making a cake.
These are just some of the possibilities of what to do with leftover fruit juice. There really is no need to waste it!
Be creative, I am sure you can even think of more ways to make use of leftover juice.
Using the juice in one or more of the above ways is being frugal too!
All Rights Reserved Worldwide
No Reproduction Permitted Without the Expressed
Written Consent of the Site Owner