Wondering what to do with leftover peach juice or peach syrup?
I am not sure about you, but whenever I use a can of peaches for a peach recipe, such as a peach pie using canned peaches, or a peach cake, I feel badly about the leftover juice which is not needed for the recipe.
I hate to waste any food.
If my husband is home, he loves to drink the juice, so then I feel great not having to waste it.
Sometimes I add it to the juice container in the fridge.
What do you do with leftover peach juice?
I did not have much advice for Ida, but I did ask her to let me know what she decided to do with the peach juice.
I decided I would research what to do with left over peach juice. Scroll down to see ideas of what you can do with the leftover fruit juice/syrup.
If you are not interested in making Peach Jelly, check out the ideas below, and I am sure you will find a satisfactory way to use up that fruit juice!
- Add leftover juice to a container or fruit juice in the refrigerator.
- Drink it. My husband loves the taste of leftover peach juice, and if he is home, I never worry about the possibility of having to waste it:)
- Freeze the leftover juice in ice cubes trays to add to a drink later, or to a tea as a sweetener.
- What to do with leftover peach juice? Use it in a gelatin recipe (Example: "Jello") instead of the cold water.
- Heat the juice, add a little cornstarch dissolved in 1/2 of water, bring to a boil, stirring constantly to avoid sticking and burning, until thickened. Use as a sauce for pancakes, waffles, or ice cream. For adults, you can also add a little liqueur, for example amaretto, or peach schnapps to make it special.
- Add leftover peach juice to a smoothie recipe. Any smoothie recipe can have extra juice added to it!
- Use the left overjuice in the place of the water when making a cake.
These are just some of the possibilities of what to do with leftover fruit juice. There really is no need to waste it!
Be creative, I am sure you can even think of more ways to make use of leftover juice.
Using the juice in one or more of the above ways is being frugal too!
Copyright ©2010-2018 Peach-Depot.com
All Rights Reserved Worldwide
No Reproduction Permitted Without the Expressed
Written Consent of the Site Owner
*We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites